Rounding off today’s CES 2017 announcements from NETGEAR is the WAC510 AC WiFi Business Access Point. It’s an AC1200 wireless access point targeted at small businesses such as cafés, doctor offices and other service industry locations requiring both private and public Internet access.
Supporting MU-MIMO connections, the access point delivers speeds up to 1200 Mbps, with two Gigabit Ethernet ports and support for Power over Ethernet, ensuring neat and compact installation on ceilings and walls.
- Easy, flexible installation and simplified centralized management of the WAC510 without additional hardware through the new NETGEAR Insight mobile app
- High performance, business-class WiFi with superior dual band Wave 2 802.11ac performance and range due to 2×2 with two streams of data for aggregate throughput of up to 1.2Gbps* (300 Mbps at 2.4GHz and 900 Mbps at 5GHz)
- MU-MIMO technology to avoid congestion and reliably enable maximum performance in high density sites such as public WiFi hotspots
- Two Ethernet ports, including one Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) 1GbE 802.3af port for easy, single wire deployment of a PoE switch
- Two modes of operation include a router mode for single WAC510 deployment in a small office, or access point mode for multiple WAC510 deployment in a larger scenario
- Compact, elegant design with two mounting options for optimum placement on the wall or ceiling
The NETGEAR AC WiFi Business Access Point will be available later this month, priced at $159.99.