It’s been a while coming, but We Got Served’s all-new guide to OS X Server is here at last!
Using OS X Mountain Lion Server at Home is the “missing manual” for Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion Server operating system, and the follow up to the very popular Using OS X Lion Server at Home. Fully revised, updated and extended for Apple’s latest server platform, this eBook (in PDF and ePub formats) takes you step by step through selecting the right hardware, installing and configuring Apple’s server operating system.
Get Using OS X Mountain Lion Server at Home at a special introductory price of £12.99 today.
Written in straightforward language for non-geeks and those new to OS X, this comprehensive guide ensures you can get the most out of OS X Mountain Lion Server in the home by walking you through the product’s essential features, including file and folder sharing, setting up shared family calendars and contacts, remote access, backing up PCs and Macs, media streaming, serving software updates to your Mac clients, running your own Mail server at home, managing iPhones and iPads and more.
Alongside a full update covering changes from OS X Lion to Mountain Lion, this 373 page eBook includes four brand new chapters exploring advanced topics, including running an FTP Server on Mountain Lion, managing your own eMail courtesy of the on-board Mail Server, caching OS X Software Updates and serving to clients, as well as s using your server.
If you’re new to OS X Server or simply upgrading from the last release, you’ll find Using OS X Mountain Lion Server at Home an indispensable guide to getting started and doing more with Apple’s latest server release.
- Choosing Your Hardware
- OS X Mountain Lion’s Features
- Installing OS X Mountain Lion Server
- The Server App
- Network Configuration
- Users and Groups
- Managing OS X Devices With Profile Manager
- Managing iOS Devices With Profile Manager
- File and Folder Sharing
- Create a Shared Family Address Book With Contacts
- Create a Shared Family Calendar
- Setting Up Messages
- Backing Up Your Macs to Mountain Lion Server With Time Machine
- Backing Up Your PCs to Mountain Lion Server
- Access Mountain Lion Server From Anywhere With VPN
- Create and Host Websites, Blogs and Wikis
- Access Your Server via FTP - NEW
- Managing Your Mail With Mountain Lion - NEW
- Managing Mac Updates With Software Update - NEW
- Manage Mac App Store Updates With the OS X Caching Service - NEW