Synology today announced that the all-new release of their DiskStation Manager Software is out of beta and now available for download.
Visitors to the company’s website (or those hitting the on-board update feature) will discover a wide range of new features to upgrade your DiskStation NAS.
- Cloud Station: Unlimited shared folders can now be synchronised, as well as an unlimited number of user accounts (including Domain/LDAP users) enabled.
- Innovative Home & Mobile Apps: Support for Bluetooth speakers with Audio Station, DS video for Android & Windows Phone, DS cloud for iOS and Android as well as QuickConnect for DS photo+ and DS audio and more.
- New business applications & security enhancements: DNS server, RADIUS Server, TFTP & PXE, Antivirus by McAfee and 2-step verification.
- High Availability: Synology High Availability Manager (SHA) now is available on more models. It ensures business continuity and greatly increases protection across IT infrastructure.
- LUN Snapshot & Clone: Lets you create up to virtual copies and up to 256 snapshots per LUN using point-in-time technology, without having any impact to system performance.
- Mobile Apps: iOS: Updates of DS audio, DS photo+, DS download and DS video are published. DS cloud is coming soon. Android: Updates of DS audio, DS file, DS finder, DS photo+, DS download and DS video are published. DS cloud is coming soon. Windows Phone: Updates of DS audio, DS photo+ & DS video are released.