It’s not often one gets updates twice in one month, For users of Windows Server 2012 Essentials, we get just that. A flurry of updates occurred a few weeks ago and now we have Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials.
Features that are included in this update:
- Support is added for hosted email message mailbox integration in the Dashboard.
- AntiXSSLibrary.dll is updated to the latest version. This improves the reliability of the Remote Web Access (RWA) page.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 package is updated to a new version. This update will update the .netfx client package to the latest version in order to improve the reliability of the client connector and other dependent features.
- A direct download link is added to the Dashboard to improve the online backup integration experience.
Major issues that are resolved by this update:
- You cannot view Office 365 information through the Dashboard. This issue occurs if the proxy settings are configured to automatically detect the proxy server in Windows Internet Explorer.
- The file history retention policy does not work with certain time formats.
- A hard block occurs on the hardware checks for a hoster.
- The system returns user tokens instead of cookies in Web API. This may cause a cross-site request forgery (CSRF) issue.
- The Dashboard crashes when a user add-in is configured as a leftmost add-in.
- The Domain Configuration Wizard fails if the domain name contains “homeserver” (for example, “smithhomeserver.com”).
- The certification authority (CA) root certificate is incompatible with DirectAccess. Therefore, after you deploy DirectAccess on a server, a Windows 7-based client cannot establish a DirectAccess connection to the server.
Note This fix only takes effect if Update Rollup 1 for Windows Server 2012 Essentials is applied before DirectAccess is deployed on the server.
[box type="info"]More: KB 2781267[/box]