Set top boxes? We’ve seen them all. Haven’t we? Well not quite. At CES 2013, ARCHOS will take the wraps off their all new TV connect – part HD camera, part media streamer, all-Android. A neat solution in a compact package, so it seems.
If you’re old-school, like me, you’ll remember ARCHOS from their Jukebox mp3 players – digital music on hand (in a reasonably chunky package) before Apple came over and made it all cool. Since then, the company has bust out mp4 video players and most recently, a suite of value-range Android tablets. But the new $129.99 TV connect looks like the company are finding their innovation legs once again.
The set-top box is packed into a small HD camera which perches on top of the TV and connects to your network over Ethernet, and TV via HDMI. A multitouch remote is included and offers full control of the Android Jellybean UI, with a full touch keyboard and access to media streaming apps, Android games, Internet and Email, HD video calling and a host of other apps from Google Play.
If you’re yet to invest in a new Connected TV, and you don’t want to sit in Apple’s walled garden, then this is one to check out.
ARCHOS Unveils TV connect – Future Ready your Existing TV – First and Only Multi-Touch for Android on TV
ARCHOS TV Connect features a multi-gesture TV Touch remote with game control mapping and an HD camera for video calls
To be debuted at CES 2013, LVCC Central Hall Booth # 15322
Denver, CO – January 03, 2013 – ARCHOS, a pioneer in multimedia portable devices, is pleased to announce the ARCHOS TV connect, the only multi-touch “AndroidTM on TV experience” for your apps and games. The ARCHOS TV connect turns any HDTV into an Android powered smart TV providing the full Android ecosystem with a specially designed TV Touch remote.
The TV connect allows you to control your TV just like a tablet – tap, swipe, zoom in, zoom out, select or type. With the TV connect users will be able to play games, stream videos, video chat in HD, email friends or surf the web all from their big screen TV. The ARCHOS TV connect runs Android 4.1TM ‘Jelly Bean’ and will be available starting in February, 2013 for $129.99.
“As a pioneer in multimedia Android devices, we wanted to create a bigger, better way to enjoy Android,” says Henri Crohas, Founder and CEO of ARCHOS. “The ARCHOS TV connect provides users with a multi-touch, multi-media Smart TV experience powered by AndroidTM.”
Revolutionary TV Touch remote – A smartly designed remote for every task
- Pointer – Allows you to control your TV just like you would your tablet with a tapping and/or swiping motion
- Full multi-touch gesture support – Control your apps easily with zoom in, zoom out and rotate with ARCHOS developed unique gesture controls
- Full keyboard with Android shortcuts – The TV touch remote includes a full keyboard and Android shortcut keys including a key for voice controls and voice typing
Play Android Games on your TV– Critically acclaimed games at your fingertips
- Thousands of games available on your TV – Choose from over 700,000 apps and games on Google PlayTM
- Dual thumb sticks and buttons – Play all your favorite games with full gaming controls and dual analog thumbsticks
- ARCHOS Gaming Mapping Tool – Map the controls of games to the buttons and controllers of the remote for playing virtually any game on your TV – as recently introduced on the GamePad
Turn your TV into a Smart TV – Get a full web experience on your current HDTV
- Internet – Surf on the net from a big screen
- Online video streaming – Stream videos directly on your TV through YouTubeTM, Daily motion and other video applications
- Emails – Send and receive emails or share photos from your Facebook page with friends
HD video calls – Connect with a group of friends or family members on a big screen
- HD webcam – ARCHOS TV connect is equipped with an HD webcam for High quality video calling
- LED notification – LED lights notify you when you have an incoming calls while watching TV
- Compatibility with all popular video calling apps – Video chatting with Skype or Google TalkTM as a family from your sofa has never been easier
Multimedia Player – The ARCHOS TV connect includes the critically acclaimed ARCHOS Media Center applications so you can finally get control of your home media content, including:
- Best video codecs and format support – Read all your favorite video files with format and codec support including H.264 decoding in full 1080p HD
- Media Center Library – Tailor-made UI with automatic jacket, synopsis and subtitle download as well as library organization even for files stored elsewhere on your home network
- Easy home streaming – Stream your media content over your home network either through WiFi or Ethernet
- The right connections – Features HDMI (cable included), full USB host and micro SD slot
- Google™ Certified with Full Access to shop on Google Play™ – With over 700,000 applications, get all your favorite Android content on your TV including books, music, magazines and movies
ARCHOS at CES 2013 – Come experience the ARCHOS TV connect first hand during CES 2013 in Las Vegas, NV from January 8-11. In addition to the TV connect, ARCHOS will be showing off its new line up of tablets which include the recently announced GamePad and new entrants to the ARCHOS Elements line – the dual-core Titanium range and the quad-core Platinum range, both of which feature tablets with stunning 2048×1536 resolution IPS screens. The ARCHOS booth is located in Central Hall (15322) of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
For more information about the ARCHOS TV connect or ARCHOS at CES visit www.ARCHOS.com.
ARCHOS, a pioneer in the portable audio and video player market, and now specializing in Android Tablets, has repeatedly revolutionized the market for consumer electronics since 1988. Today, ARCHOS offers Android Tablets, Tablet PCs and MP3/MP4 players. In 2000, ARCHOS launched the Jukebox 6000, the first MP3 player combined with a hard disk. Then in 2003 ARCHOS introduced the first portable multimedia players with TV recording. In 2006 Wi-Fi is implemented and then touch screens in 2007. In 2008, ARCHOS launched the first generation Internet Tablets, and then the first ever Android powered tablets in 2009. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. ARCHOS is quoted on Compartment B of Eurolist, Euronext Paris, ISIN CodeFR0000182479. Website: www.archos.com.
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ARCHOS.EntertainmentYourWay
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ARCHOS_US