As soon as Windows Home Server 2011 was released last year, one of the first applications requested by the community was a dedicated anti-virus client. Vendors who had previously supported WHS v1 have not upgraded their software to support the newer release, but the good news is that G Data InternetSecurity for HomeServer is here to protect you, your home server and a few of your PCs.
The software is priced at £99.00/$99.00 and offers centrally controlled anti-virus protection for the home server as well as up to 5 PCs on the network. There’s full integration into the Windows Home Server Dashboard, with automatic distribution of virus updates across the network.
Full specs from G-Data as follows:
- Award-winning virus detection thanks to two virus scanner modules
- Secure protection against viruses, worms, rootkits, spyware, diallers, Trojans, adware and other riskware
- Instant protection against new viruses: email and web-based CloudSecurity blocks infected emails or websites in real time
- Integrated rootkit blocker / special module for discovering rootkits
G Data ManagementServer
- Easy setup: installation, virus scan, updates, settings and reports are remotely controlled using the home server
- Seamless integration into the Microsoft HomeServer 2011 console
- Automatic distribution of updates in the network
- Also central administration of clients that are not always connected to the home server (notebooks, netbooks, tablet PCs)
G Data AntiVirus and AntiSpam client
- „Invisible“ client protection in the background, including for computers that are not permanently connected to the home server.
- Mail protection for Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla and POP3 / IMAP mail clients
- CloudSecurity: Instant protection against new viruses and spam
- Fully functional when working offline
- If desired, independent settings and virus scans on the client are possible
G Data Firewall client
- Remotely controlled installation and configuration
- Simple administration using individual learnable access rules on the client
- Monitors all incoming and outgoing connections
- Blocks and reports DoS attacks, port scans and much more.
- Four security levels or expert mode
- Invisible stealth mode
For more on G Data InternetSecurity for HomeServer, check out the company’s website. Thanks to Garry for the tip!