Experience Level: Standard
My Movies for Windows Home Server provides automated disc copying of Audio CD's and movies from internal or USB attached optical drives, adding meta-data to copied discs, or movies and TV programmes already stored on the server by monitoring your shared folders.
Audio CD's can be copied to various formats such as Flac, MP3, MP3hd and WMA, or a combination of two formats if you prefer a high quality lossless file as well as a small lossy file for mobile usage. Meta-data is downloaded from multiple internet data providers, and embedded into the files with both data and cover art, allowing you to browse and play the files from units such as Squeezeboxes, Media Centers, mobile devices and similar.
Movies, (DVD, Blu-ray and HD-DVD's) are copied* to ISO or file format, or DVD's to MPEG-2 format for Media Center extenders. Meta-data is downloaded and added from My Movies own Web service, and stored in the folders, making the data available for Media Center's DVD/Movie library, XBMC, TViX, Netgear EVA, Dune, Popcorn Hour and other units or movie front-ends.
Movies already stored on your Windows Home Server are identified by the monitoring feature, and meta-data is added automatically. Downloaded meta-data is in the same way as when copying a disc made available to many different playback units and movie front-ends.
Should you need to edit the meta-data, the data for Audio CD's can be edited directly from the server console, while movie data can be edited by connecting a My Movies Client, or changed to other titles if needed.
* Due to legality in several countries, My Movies does not backup copy protected discs. Users in countries that allow circumventing copy protections when backing up their movies can install SlySoft AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD directly from the console, to remove these copy protections.
Developer: Brian Binnerup
More Info: Download
v2.11 PR1 (2nd March 2012)
Added: Converter now supports ISO files that are coupled to a title as ‘Online File'.
Added: better handling of situations where converter hasn't converted the title on a disc.
Added: Popcorn Hour NMJ storage.
Added: Path for converted discs is now stored.
Added: Third and Fourth priority in searches.
Added: Data service API function to retrieve data in external applications.
Added: Back-end support for downloading of converted movies from WHS to mobile devices.
Fix: Minor error with empty image list on Collection List.
Fix: Services autostart did not respect users choice when setting it, but instead set it if they were started previously.
Fix: Missing message about required points for video converter.
Fix: Audio lookup on mounted Blu-ray wasn't done on the mounted drive.
Fix: Audiotracks for blu-rays were not in the same order as handbrake uses.
v2.10 PR8 (1st December 2011)
- Added: Support for conversion of Blu-ray ISO files with supported image mounting software. This means video converter can work with Blu-ray ISO if the user manually have installed Virtual CloneDrive on the server.
- Update: Report unidentified disc option is extended.
- Change: Services now ignores disc inserts of mounted drives.
- Fix: Better handling of databases in incorrect states.
- Fix: Sorting of columns that only contains integers
- Fix: Lists are loaded a lot faster now (no sorting while added nodes).
- Fix: Media Center MetaData Connector compiled in X64, it now compiles as AnyCPU for X86 also.
v2.10 PR4 (27th September 2011)
- Fix: If a backup database failed, it could be left in an invalid state, which could give issues.
- Fix: Transcoder service had wrong version set, which could cause problems with upgrades.
- Fix: Conversion jobs with error kept looping for ever.
- Fix: Video Converter High Profile changed for support of files larger than 4GB.
- Fix: Filenames from conversion xml profiles was not always used in naming of output file.
- Fix: Mismatch in comparison when searching for shares on HWS2011 server.
- Fix: Definition cleanup at start of general service is now in own thread.
- Fix: Video converter service did not set to not autostart when you asked it to.
v2.10 Pre-release (9th September 2011)
- Added: Video Converter function to convert copied discs to MP4 files for iPad, iPhone, Android, UPnP and similar. Please see limitations: http://kb.mymovies.dk/KnowledgebaseArticle50053.aspx
- Added: Notifications are now sent out as e-mails if this has been setup in WHS2011.
- Added: User account log in and out in installer version.
- Added: Online Collection configuration
- Added: Apple Lossless format option for music copier.
- Fix: Check for database on startup has been improved.
- Fix: AnyDVD reboot required message on WHS.
- Fix: Flac files copied with music disc copier did not store album artist, but only artist
v2.0 (28th June 2011)
- Full release
v2.0 Pre-release 8 (4th June 2011)
- Fix: Changed name of Nimbie dll file.
- Fix: Attempt to load Nimbie control file differently.
- Fix: Nimbie prepare state will be cancelled after two minutes.
- Fix: MovieDiscCopier started copying music discs as if they where a DVD.
- Fix: Music file naming is converted to users language, if they are the default format.
v2.0 Pre-release 7 (27th May 2011)
- Fix: DvdInfoCache folder was incorrect.
- Fix: mp3HD encoding did not work with latest version of encoder.
- Fix: Different minor bugs in monitoring
- Fix: Videos share was added to wrong registry location on Create DefaultSettings
- Fix: Incorrect installer handling could lead to various issues when upgrading rather than uninstalling and reinstalling
v2.0 Pre-release 5 (6th May 2011)
- Bug fixes
v2.0 Pre-release 1 (5th April 2011)
- Initial beta release