If you already have a wired or wireless network, but also want a piece of the latest Wireless-N high speed network action, Linksys by Cisco have announced a new access point which will convert your network to the highest speeds possible over wireless.
Not to be confused with a toaster, the WAP610N Wireless-N Access Point with Dual-Band enables HD streaming video over wireless and works on dual frequencies, ensuring improved reception and less interference from other devices in the home (or your neighbours).
Press release as follows:
Hassle Free Upgrade to Dual Band Wireless-N with Cisco’s new Access Point
WAP610N Access Point Optimised for HD video streaming
- Easy upgrade to Wireless-N
- HD Video Streaming across the home network
- Sleek, stylish design to blend seamlessly in the home
London, UK. 11th December 2009 – Fast, powerful and simple to install, the new Linksys by Cisco access point (WAP610N) upgrades your existing wired or wireless network to high speed Dual Band Wireless-N. Optimised to stream HD video across the home network, the WAP610N works on both wireless frequencies, 2.4 and 5 GHz, to provide more reliable streaming and less interference from other products, or your neighbour’s network.
The access point also comes with a Windows and Macintosh compatible set up wizard, designed to simplify set-up, giving users step-by-step instructions. The wizard will also prompt users to enable security settings, helping prevent network hijacking, which can lead to bandwidth constraints and online fraud. With the integrated Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, consumers can just push a button on the Access Point and on another device to automatically create a wireless connection between them that is more secure.
- Upgrades your existing wired or wireless network to high speed Wireless-N
- Offers high speed and great range, supporting both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels, allowing consumers to switch depending on crowding
- Flash set up wizard walks users through initial set up and security settings, enabling users to adequately protect their wireless networks
· Jens Hofmeister, Director Product Management, Cisco Consumer Products.
“Consumers are often confused about wireless connectivity, both the options available and the possibilities a wireless network enables. The new Linksys by Cisco WAP610N gives consumers everything they need to create a high speed wireless network. Addressing the rise in entertainment devices connected to home networks, the WAP610N offers optimised HD Video streaming, as well as an upgrade to your network, all encompassed in to a sleek, stylish design, which wouldn’t look out of place in your home.”
Pricing is set at £89 (UK) and just over $100 (US).